Data Protection Public Monitoring System
- Establishment of a “Public monitoring system on personal data protection” – in conjunction with stakeholder public organizations;
- Methodological support for the Personal Data Protection Commission;
- Increased public awareness in the field of personal data protection – principles, rights, basic presumptions of the legislation, actions to be taken in cases of rights infringement.
- Since March, there has been launched a web page for public representation of the project activities and useful information connected to the protection of personal data - http://privacy.gateway.bg ;
- Preliminary analysis of the planned measures for the enforcement of the activity - Chronogram for the application of the Personal Data Protection Activity;
- Preliminary analysis of the planned measures for the procedure for the entering of the personal data administrators in the Register of the personal data administrators under the Commission for the protection of personal data;
- Translation of the Personal Data Act has been made;
- Review of the legal framework for the protection of personal data in the European Union;
- Identification of potential partners from the non-government sector, who will be invited for taking part in the formation of the Social Committee for Personal Data;
- There have been envisaged, as well as in the drafting stage, a system for the dynamic presentation of topical events, news and comments, through the design of forum on the project web page.
Funded by the Centre for Policy Modernisation (initial stage and the organization of the preliminary activities)
Duration: 2002 -2004